Rogue Guide Abridged
Check out our newly updated and improved Rogue Guide!
** UPDATE **
Accelerate all the way to level 80 and make heaps of gold with proven strategies from Zygor Guides!
The Rogue of Azeroth, Loved and Hated for for some of the same reasons. Capable of moving through the shadows and tearing apart casters in the blink of an eye, they don't fair as well againt armored classes. The Rogue class is one of the most entertaining classes to play. With a bag of tricks a mile deep a rogue's motto should be "Die Another Day".
Here is a quick excerpt of what Blizzard thinks a rogue is:
|"At home in the shadows and skilled at disappearing from sight, the Rogues of Azeroth are most comfortable when acting in the background. Twisting events to their favor, striking only when advantage is greatest: this is where a Rogue excels. With their cunning tricks, physical abilities, and mastery of concealment and disguise, Rogues have no trouble finding employment as thieves, cutthroats, spies, and assassins."|
The Rogue is designed to be a glass cannon. Very high power damage hits and very fragile bones. Rogue's can wear cloth and leather armor limiting their effectiveness as a tank. We can use Daggers, Swords, Maces and First Weapons and the debate of which is a better weapon combination is beyond the scope of this document. If your are attempting to use daggers, guns, bows or crossbows as your main weapon please see the hunter guide. We can not use ranged weapons as our main damage source.
The way the Rogue works in WoW is based on Energy and Combo Points. Ever 2 seconds we gain 25 energy. All of our opening and finishing abilities require energy. Energy keeps us in check. When you enage in combat you use opening moves like Cheap Shot, Ambush and Garrote along with your bread and butter moves like Sinister Strikes, Back Stab and Gouge to execute finishing moves such as Eviscerate, Kidney Shot, Rupture, Slice and Dice and Expose Armor.
Now that we have that out of the way let me start with your first lesson.
Rogue: Stealthy Assassin
Rouge: Red Makeup used on the Cheeks
The quickest way to get laughed off forums when asking questions or making an argument is to mispell Rogue. It is every rogue's pet peeve and as new rogues yourself it is your duty to take on this burden.
On with the Rest of the Guide.
0.0 Introduction and ToC
Rogue Guide Abridged
Rogue Talent Calculator
-0.1.1 Starting Stats
-0.1.2 Racial Abilities
- 1.1 Distract to pause mobs
- 1.2 Distract to break up mob groups
- 1.3 Distract to Catch PVP targets
- 2.1 Using Sprint to improve Vanish
- 2.2 Vanish Pulling
- 2.3 Run through your opponent
- 3.1 Hiding in objects to improve Steath
- 3.2 Restealth in PVP with out Vanish
- 3.3 Using /Lay while Stealthed
4.0 Improved Sap
- 4.1 No Extra Agro Pulls
- 4.2 Seperate 1 From Camp
- 4.3 Gathering with Sap
- 5.1 No LoS Check
- 6.1 Spider Silk Belt
- 6.2 Azure Silk Belt
- 6.3 Helm of Fire
- 6.4 Green Welp Armor
- 7.1 Restorative Elixer
- 7.2 Free Action Potion
- 7.3 Health Potions (Duh!)
- 7.4 Swiftness Potion
- 7.5 Invulnerable
- 7.6 Oil of Immolation
- 7.7 Catseye Elixer
- 7.8 Agility Buffs
- 8.1 Weapon Chains
- 8.2 Glimmering Mithril Insignia
- 9.1 Thistle Tea
- 9.2 Grilled Squid
- 10.1 Catseye Ultra Goggles
- 10.2 Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector
- 10.3 Mechanical Dragonling
- 10.4 Targetting Dummy
- 10.5 Goblin Jumper Cables
- 10.6 Rocket Boots (Goblin and Gnome)
- 11.1 Bandage Macro
19.0 Poison Supply Dealers
20.0 Misc. Tips
- 20.1 100% Chance to crit sitting players.
- 20.2 How to Reset an Instance
- 20.3 Dueling in Contested Zones
- 21.1 Blind w/o losing Combo Points
- 21.2 Bandage Macro
22.0 UI Addons
- 22.1 Flexbar 1.33
- 22.2 QuickMountEquip
- 22.3 WeaponQuickSwap
- 22.4 Usebyname
- 22.5 CooldownCount
- 22.6 ItemBuff
25.0 External Documents
- 25.1 Rogue FAQ v4 (by Chalon)
- 25.2 Lockpicking FAQ (by Laenis)
- 25.3 Rogues: Top Tier Dueling Class Full Guide (by Ming)
- 25.4 Barman Shanker Guide/Video
Recent blog posts
- Long awaited gaming Duke Nukem Forever coming out in May
- Dungeon Call to Arms Mechanic: Yay or Nay?
- Yogg Saron Soloed Death Knight-Style!
- Kalvarian's Corner: Stopping the Burn-Out
- Hunter Memorial: Ammunition (Arrows/Bullets)
- Hunter Memorial: Aspect of the Viper
- Top 5 Best Looking Hunter Pets in Cataclysm
- Hunter Memorial: Volley
- What if World of Warcraft was in Real Life?
- A Letter to the DPS, From a Healer