Welcome to the Azzor.com guide to Druids!
The druid is a class adept and adapting to different situations by filling the rolls of other classes. Think of a druid as a mage, priest, rogue, and warrior rolled into one. Each of the druids forms are not as versatile as their parent classes, but when combined together they are every bit as versatile. The druid is one of the most technical classes and one of the hardest to master, as it requires general knowledge on several classes to play well. Druids must learn how mana, rage, and energy work, as well as stealth and agro management. The official blizzard definition of the Druid class is:
"The Druid gives players several play style options. A Druid in normal form is a caster that can fight with spells or weapons. In Bear form the Druid becomes a Warrior with Rage. While in Cat form the Druid becomes a Rogue with Energy and stealth. The Druid can also transform into two other special animal forms. With its ability to heal itself and fellow characters, the Druid can also take on the role of a Priest. A Druid is not as versatile in its abilities as a Priest is, lacking the spells Holy Word: Shield and Resurrection, but is otherwise a very capable healer." - WorldofWarcraft.com
The class is restricted to Night Elves for the Alliance and Tauren for the Horde. Both of these races are deeply in touch with nature and have turned to the guidance of Cenarius to develop their druidic power. When creating a druid, think about faction, racial abilities, and appearance.
• Shadowmeld - Activate while immobile and out of combat to enter stealth mode - lasts until canceled - no cooldown. Active.
• Quickness - Dodge chance increased by 1%. Passive.
• Wisp Spirit - Become a wisp when dead with movement speed increase of 50% (25% faster than normal ghost). Passive.
• Nature Resistance - All Night Elves get +10 Nature Resistance. Passive.
• Warstomp- Activate to stun opponents within 5 yards - lasts 2 sec - 2 min cooldown. Active.
• Endurance - Max Health increased by 5%. Passive.
• Cultivation - 15 skill bonus to Herbalism. Passive.
• Nature Resistance - All Tauren get +10 Nature Resistance. Passive.
As you can see from racial abilities, Night Elves and Tauren have very different abilities. The main factor in your decision for choosing a race should be faction.
• Can heal exceptionally well
• Can use stealth while in cat form
• Have extremely high survivability in many situations.
• Can fight in both melee and ranged combat
• Strongest outdoor crowd control, able to sleep beasts and dragons
• Extremely little downtime.
• Low DPS (damage per second) compared to many classes
• Requires several sets of gear to play effectively
• Difficult learning curve
• Low armor while in caster and cat forms
Recent blog posts
- Long awaited gaming Duke Nukem Forever coming out in May
- Dungeon Call to Arms Mechanic: Yay or Nay?
- Yogg Saron Soloed Death Knight-Style!
- Kalvarian's Corner: Stopping the Burn-Out
- Hunter Memorial: Ammunition (Arrows/Bullets)
- Hunter Memorial: Aspect of the Viper
- Top 5 Best Looking Hunter Pets in Cataclysm
- Hunter Memorial: Volley
- What if World of Warcraft was in Real Life?
- A Letter to the DPS, From a Healer